In 1986 a few men with common interests got together to talk about starting an engine club. They contacted the EDGE&TA national president, and were assigned the number 22. We were also the first branch our past national secretary Menno Kliewer brought into the national organization.
The first meeting took place in Norm Burke’s backyard, with as few as a dozen people attending. Norm became our first president. Within the first year, we had about 75 members. We maintain an annual membership of 175-250 members.
Our purpose is to collect, restore, and preserve antique engines, tractors, and related items. We participate in many local parades and fairs, put on demonstrations for local schools, and we join others in putting on fund raising events for hospitals and other worth while causes each year. Our annual show is held in October at the Santee Lakes, in Santee California. .
We hope that by putting on these demonstrations we revive some memories of our older guests, and help to educate our younger guests. We welcome new members to join us in preserving our heritage and enjoy the fellowship of our club.
- Our past presidents have been:
- (1) Norm Burke 1986 – 1988
- (2) Jerry Ingram 1989 – 1990
- (3) Kirk Thomas 1991 – April 1991 (deceased)
- (4) Ralph Warnock April 1991 – 1992
- (5) Vince Mikulanis 1993 – 1994
- (6) Cliff Northcote 1995 – 2000
- (7) Carolyn Radsliff 2001 – 2003
- (8) Cliff Northcote 2003 and current